March is an ideal time to get your garden designed and built. The garden season is starting and soon most garden designers and landscapers will be very busy. March provides perfect planting conditions for laying lawn and planting – the ground is still damp and warming up so that lawns will require less watering and plants will establish quickly – ready to enjoy for the summer.
- Remove thatch from lawn, re-turf patches of worn grass
- Feed lawn with a mixture of NPK
- Use bulbs to add colour to borders and containers
- Divide and replant existing perennials
- Prune shrubs that will flower on current year's growth
- Cut back, tidy and mulch borders with organic matter
The garden season has started and most garden designers and landscapers will be very busy. There is still time to get the garden designed and landscaped ready for the summer. May provides perfect conditions for laying lawn and planting – the ground is warming and plants will establish quickly – all the flowering herbaceous perennials will be starting to bloom ready for you to sit back, relax and enjoy the summer.
- Apply nitrogenous feed, mow and water lawn regularly
- Deadhead early flowering perennials
- Tie in new growth on climbers
- Take out appropriate action on pest and diseases
- Spray roses against greenfly and black spot
- Prune shrubs that have finished flowering